What is the Extensibility feature?
Extensibility in iOS 8 enables app developers to integrate specific app functions with the standard iOS 8 user interface, which allows the iOS user experience to be much more customisable than previously possible. These are some functions that are possible thanks to the Extensibility feature:
- Sharing Options - Quickly share photos, videos, websites, and other content between any app through the widgets menu.
- Photo Editing - Third-party developers can embed custom filters and editing tools directly into the Photos app.
- Custom Actions - Third-party apps can perform virtually any custom action, such as adding a watermark to documents, adding text or images to a wish list, or translating text.
- Notification Center - Add widgets to the Today view in the Notification Center to receive custom notifications.
- Keyboard - Install and use any custom keyboard system-wide.
- Documents - Open and edit documents in more apps and share documents between apps easily.