Using BT WiFi with Orange
ELIGIBILITY - PAY MONTHLY CUSTOMERS
BT WiFi is subject to a 3GB fair usage policy and is available to:
- People who bought or upgraded to a Panther plan after 1 April 2011
- People on an Orange iPhone plan
How to connect to BT Openzone hotspots
- To get your username and password details to use on your device (laptop, tablet, or mobile handset), text the word WiFi to 150 and you'll receive a text with your unique login details. If you're a corporate customer please call EE Business Customer Services by dialing 158 from your EE phone.
- If you're in range of a BT Openzone hotspot, connect to the hotspot using your device’s WiFi connection and enter these details manually into btwifi.com to log on.
- The page will have a drop down menu where you can choose your service provider. Select EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK and you'll be taken to the log in pages.
- Enter the WiFi username and password that was sent you by text message when you joined and you’re ready to go.
- Customers who have previously downloaded the Orange WiFi App can continue using it to connect to the hotspots. The Orange WiFi App is no longer available to download and use.
PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO HOTSPOTS
BT FON hotspots can appear as BT Openzone hotspots in your list of WiFi networks. These are not included within Orange WiFi plans at the moment so you may occasionally see a message saying that Orange WiFi is unable to authenticate with a BT Openzone hotspot.