Tethering your device
Tethering is using your smartphone to connect your laptop or WiFi tablet to the internet - it's included in your plan as part of your data allowance.
You can use your smartphone's internet connection on a laptop or WiFi tablet using Bluetooth, a USB cable, or portable WiFi hotspot.
You can only tether on some 3G and 4G devices, such as Android phones and iPhones.
Help with Tethering.
To tether* with your iPhone:
- Go to your iPhone's on-screen Settings >Look for Personal Hotspot. Or General > Network > Personal Hotspot
- Tap on Personal Hotspot and then slide the switch to On
- Then connect the iPhone to your laptop or tablet using a USB cable or Bluetooth or WiFi.
*Some iPhone devices may need alternative instructions, use our devices section to search for a particular model.
To tether* using an Android:
- Go to your Android phone's on-screen Menu
- Look for Settings, then Wireless & Networks > Portable WiFi hotspot
- Open the Portable WiFi hotspot settings to set up a password and name your phone’s hotspot.
*Some Android devices may need alternative instructions, use our devices section to search for a particular model.
Before you can use your phone as a data modem, you need to install the program BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer.
- Install BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Connect phone and computer
- Set up your computer for tethering
- Establish Internet access
If you need further instructions go here.*
*Some BlackBerry devices may need alternative instructions, use our devices section to search for a particular model.
All EE help on tethering
questions in the community
I've put my EE SIM into my iPad and there's no option for tethering, are customer services allowed to add this to a data...
Please can you confirm if the iPhone 5 supports tethering on 4G...