An existing EE, T-Mobile or Orange customer?
If you’re moving from T-Mobile to EE just insert your new EE SIM card into your phone and you’re away.
If you're moving from Orange to an EE plan all you need to do is insert your new SIM into your new or existing phone.
Find what to do when you've received your replacement EE, T-Mobile or Orange SIM and want to keep your old number.
Moving from another network?
If you're moving to an EE, T-Mobile or Orange plan from another network and want to keep your number, you'll need the following:
- PAC code - You can get your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) by calling your current mobile service provider. PAC codes are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Active EE, T-Mobile or Orange SIM - You'll need an active EE, T-Mobile or Orange SIM to allow the transfer to take place.
Temporary number - A temporary number is the number provided to you when you joined EE, T-Mobile or Orange SIM.
Once you have all this information you are ready to transfer your number.
How long will it take?
If you submit the form before 17.30 on a working day your number will be transferred the next working day; after 17.30 or if your request is made on Saturday or Sunday and it will take two working days to transfer.
Please be aware number transfers are not processed on Bank Holidays.
Save your contacts before your transfer day
There are two ways to do this:
- Copy the numbers you want to keep from your SIM to your phone, then after your number transfer copy them back to your new SIM. See our phones and devices section for specific help on how to do this on lots of devices.
- Smartphone users can backup important information, like contacts, to the cloud. You can then restore this information from the cloud after your number transfer is complete.
The day of your transfer
You may experience interruption to your service on the transfer day and you could be unable to use your old or new SIM for a few hours. Please prepare for this to avoid disruption, and continue to turn your phone on and off throughout the day.
You'll receive two text messages from us:
- To let you know you the transfer has begun.
- When it's completed and your number has been transferred.
So you won't need to call us.
After the transfer has completed
- If you have insurance then contact the provider to update the number
- Login to your My EE app and update the number
- iPhone only: make sure you update the settings in iMessage to show your new number. Follow the instructions here
- You Fix/Pay as you go only: make sure you register your new number on your Top Up card
- Call 222 from your phone to set up your Voicemail.