Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Unlocking your phone
Your EE, Orange or T-Mobile phone is locked, so it can only be used on our EE network. If you want to use a SIM from a different network in your phone, you'll need to get it unlocked first.
Here's the detail
To get your phone unlocked:
- The device you are requesting to be unlocked (phone or tablet) must have been active on the Orange, T-Mobile or EE network for at least six months
- The IMEI must not be blacklisted (we'll check this for you)
- Pay monthly customers must have an account balance of zero - everything needs to be paid up to date
- Pay an admin fee of £20.42. If you’re a pay monthly customer this will be added to your next bill, pay as you go customers can have it deducted from the account balance.
The amount of time it takes to unlock your phone depends on the device type:
- Apple iPhone / iPad, up to three days
- Any other device type, up to ten days
We may need to contact your device manufacturer for your unlock code, which could take a little longer, if that’s the case we’ll let you know by SMS text message on the contact number you provide.