Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Unlocking your phone
Your EE, Orange or T-Mobile phone is locked so it can only be used on our EE network. If you want to use a SIM from another network in the phone, you'll need to get it unlocked first.
Here's the detail
To get your phone unlocked:
- You must be a current customer who's had the account for at least six months
- The IMEI must not be blacklisted (we'll check this for you)
- Pay monthly customers must have an account balance of zero - everything needs to be paid up to date
The amount of time it takes to unlock your phone depends on the device type:
- Apple iPhone / iPad, up to three days
- Any other device type, up to ten days
Note - we may need to contact your device manufacturer for your unlock code which could take a little longer, if that’s the case we’ll let you know by SMS text message on the contact number you provide.
There’s an admin fee for your device to be unlocked of £20.42. If you’re a pay monthly customer this will be added to your next bill, pay as you go customers can have it deducted from the account balance.