Fixing problems with my EE TV remote control
If you're having problems using your EE TV, for example turning it on or using the features, it could be caused by a problem with your remote.
Our handy hints will help you to identify if the issue is with your remote and show you how to fix the problem.
- try pointing your remote directly at your EE TV box
- try moving closer to your EE TV
- check for obstructions between your remote and EE TV, for example a glass panel or cupboard
- turn off any electrical sources of interference as a test - device in power saving mode and neon lights can cause issues
- when you press the power button check the LED on your remote flickers - if not, try replacing your batteries
Check your EE TV isn't in eco mode (deep sleep)
To help save energy your EE TV has an eco mode. When you're not using your box, it goes into a deep sleep - you'll know as the light on the front turns off. To wake it up, press the standby button on your remote control and wait - after a minute or so, your EE TV will come back to life.
Eco mode (deep sleep) might also cause problems if you use our EE TV app as a remote control. You'll need to wake it up before you can use the app as a remote control, watch Live TV or Recordings and Replay content.
To stop your EE TV box going into Eco mode from your EE TV menu, go to TOOLS & HELP, open MULTI SCREEN and check the EE TV app user box.
Try rebooting your EE TV and television
Rebooting your EE TV and television fixes many problems.
- Unplug your EE TV box.
- Unplug your TV.
- Now wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your television and EE TV back in and wait for them to restart.
- Try using your remote again.
Reset EE TV
If you're still having problems, see our guide to restoring EE TV default settings.
Broken or lost your EE TV remote control?
If you've broken or lost your EE TV remote control, you can buy a replacement at EE Home Broadband and TV accessories. Follow the link to Remote Control for use with EE TV.