Fixing problems with my EE TV sound
Having problems with the sound on your EE TV? We've got some tips we hope will fix your problem.
- i'm not getting any sound
- turn your EE TV box and television off and back on again
- check your EE TV sound settings
- controlling my television volume
- problems with sound on digital channels
- restore EE TV settings
There's a couple of things you can check. Start by going to any live TV channel on your set top box - e.g. BBC1 and then check the following:
- using your EE TV remote, press the volume up (+) button until the bar reaches the top
- from your television remote, press the volume up button
- check your television isn't on mute
- if you've plugged surround sound into your EE TV or television, make sure this is turned on and turned up - try unplugging it if you're still having problems
- check the HDMI cable between your EE TV and TV is connected securely
- Unplug your EE TV.
- Unplug your TV.
- Unplug any devices connected to your tellly, e.g. games consoles, DVD players, Blue-Ray players.
- Now wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your all your equipment back in and wait for them to restart.
You can check your EE TV sounds settings from SOUND & PICTURE.
- Press the MENU button on your EE TV remote.
- Press the up arrow on your remote (that's the one above OK) to highlight the top menu.
- Move over to TOOLS & HELP by pressing the right arrow on your remote.
- Press the down and right arrow to highlight SETTINGS and press OK.
- The settings screen will appear.
- Move right (using the right arrow) to SOUND & PICTURE.
- Press the down arrow on your remote to highlight AUDIO OUTPUT MODE and press OK.
- We recommend using the setting BEST FIT.
- If you're having problems and have a home cinema or amplifier connected to your EE TV, try changing settings to one of the alternative options (HOME CINEMA or DIGITAL STEREO) to see if this fixes your problem.
- Press OK to confirm your change.
Your EE TV remote simply controls the volume on your EE TV box. It's not possible to programme the remote to directly turn the volume of your television up down.
Try turning your EE TV volume down to 10 (half way), then changing your television volume to something comfortable. You'll then be able to turn your EE TV volume up and down using your EE TV remote.
Holding the volume button down on your remote will mute your EE TV sound.
If you're just having problems with sound on digital TV or radio channels, see our guide to fixing digital channel issues.
If you're having other problems with sound see our guide to restoring EE TV default settings.