My EE TV settings explained
You'll find all your EE TV settings in the TOOLS & HELP menu.
Open your SETTINGS menu
- Press the MENU button on your EE TV remote.
- Press the up arrow on your remote (that's the one above OK) to highlight the top menu.
- Move over to TOOLS & HELP by pressing the right arrow.
- Press the down and right arrow to highlight SETTINGS and press OK.
- The settings screen will appear.
What will I find in SETTINGS?
From the SETTINGS menu, you'll find:
- INFORMATION & STATUS
- NETWORK & CONNECTION
- TV SIGNAL & QUALITY
- SOUND & PICTURE
- ADVANCED SETTINGS
The INFORMATION & STATUS screen has a number of useful options:
- Guided tour - play a short video which gives you a quick guided tour of EE TV
- Contact us - gives our contact numbers if you need to get in touch
- Status - shows useful information about your EE TV and connection
- Licensing and copyright - includes terms and conditions and information about the GNU public licence
NETWORK & CONNECTION shows if you're connected to the internet and which type of connection you're currently using.
You can also:
You'll also find Advanced network settings. You'll only need to go here if you have an advanced home network which needs specific IP, DNS or proxy settings.
TV SIGNAL & QUALITY shows you how many TV channels and radio stations are currently tuned in.
You can also:
- re-scan for new digital channels
- change your TV region
- look at reception info
- complete a manual scan
REPLAY settings let you change settings to include:
- REPLAY DURATION - change how long Replay programmes are available for, or turn Replay off (so that you can record up to four programmes at once)
- REPLAY GROUP - change Replay channels between HD Channels (High Definition) or SD channels (Standard Definition)
- REPLAY CHANNELS - check and change your six Replay channels
From RECORDINGS you can do the following:
- see how many recordings have been made on your EE TV box
- see how many recordings are scheduled
You can also:
- add extra recording time to the start beginning and end of your recordings (just to be on the safe side)
- cancel scheduled recordings for your EE TV box
- delete all recordings on your set top box
From MULTISCREEN settings you can:
- turn on EE TV app user settings so your EE TV box won't go into Eco mode
- see many devices are paired with your EE TV box
- change your EE TV box name (that's the one you'll see when connected to your app)
The LOCKS menu lets you:
ACCESSIBILITY settings let you turn on and change subtitles and an audio description settings.
SOUND & PICTURE settings let you change the HDMI video resolution for your TV, your audio output mode and also the video format.
ADVANCED SEETINGS let you do the following:
- connect to our services (you can use this to check your internet connection is working or our customer support team may ask you to do this)
- change idle time before standby
- check your hard drive - if you're having problems with Recording or Replay
- restore settings - if you're having problems with your EE TV
- format your hard drive - if you're run out of space or you're having problems with Recording, Replay or Restart