Using powerline adapters with EE TV
Powerline adapters are great if your EE TV box and your router are in separate parts of your home and connecting wirelessly will not provide you with a good enough connection. With powerline adapters, you use the mains electric circuits of your house to carry the internet signal between the two adapters.
You can buy our Huawei powerline adapters at EE Home Broadband and TV accessories. Follow the link to Powerline Adapter for use with EE TV.
Select the play button to watch our video, or follow our guide to learn all about setting up your powerline adapters with EE TV.
To connect your EE TV and router using powerline adapters:
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable that came with your powerline adapters into a yellow socket on your Bright Box router
- Connect the other end into one of your powerline adapters
- Plug the powerline adapter into a mains socket and switch the socket on
- Next, attach the other Ethernet cable to your EE TV and the second powerline adapter
- Plug the powerline adapter into another mains socket and switch the socket on
- After a few seconds, the PWR (power) light will stop flashing and show as a continuous light
- Press and hold the Pair button on one of the adapters for more than one second and less than four seconds
- Repeat the process with the second adapter within two minutes
- The PLC indicator will blink first, then the light will turn off and show as a steady light
Your adapters are now set up.
If you've set up your EE TV using wireless settings, you'll also need to change a few settings. See our guide to changing EE TV settings to wired.