Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Alcatel l800-handy hints
Here's a few handy tips to get the most out of your Alcatel L800.
- A common customer query is when the PC/laptop is unable to display a webpage once connected to the internet. There are a number of reasons which could cause this; the main reasons are due to signal strength or out of date security software on the computer.
- Check the signal strength indicator on the landing page (http://192.168.1.1), if there are only one or two bars showing, you may need to try the dongle in an area with a stronger signal.
- Some computer security software such as Norton will sometimes block connections to the internet if it requires an update. You may need to update your security software, or temporarily disable it to check if you can load a webpage.
- Turn off or disable any other network connections such as WiFi or Ethernet connections.
- For further help and assistance check out the help pages contained within the landing page (http://192.168.1.1). Click on the help link to open the user guide. This guide covers topics such as how to manage your data usage and how to send and receive text messages.