Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
iPad mini-transfer your stuff using iTunes
Follow these steps to back up your previous phone or laptop, and then restore the backup to your new iPad Mini. Your saved messages, email accounts, photos, notes and other personal settings will be transferred to an iPad Mini.
- If you have one, register your new SIM before activating your new iPad Mini.
- Verify that you have installed the latest version of iTunes and the latest version of iOS before continuing.
- Back up your old device using iTunes and transfer your data from your device to your computer.
- Use the SIM-extractor tool or a paper clip to remove the SIM from your old device and insert it into your new iPad Mini. If you were provided with a new SIM card that you've registered, use that instead.
- Turn on your new iPad Mini and complete the Setup Assistant by selecting your language and country, and choose whether to enable Location Services. When prompted, choose your WiFi network.
Note: If you don't have a WiFi connection, you can also activate by tapping Connect to iTunes.
- When prompted to set up your device, select Restore from iTunes Backup.
- Connect your new iPad Mini to iTunes (on the same computer you used to back up your current iPad). iTunes will ask you to restore from backup or set up as new. Select the backup of your old device and choose Continue.
Note: During the process of restoring your old backup to a new iPad Mini, you may see the iTunes progress bar pause. If this occurs, please allow for additional time for the restore to complete.
Note: If you restored from an unencrypted backup, you will need to enter passwords for your Apple ID, email and other accounts and voicemail again.
iTunes and iOS do not support installing backups of newer versions of iOS on to devices using earlier versions of iOS. If your backup was taken from a device that has a newer version of iOS installed, update your new iPad Mini before transferring the information.