Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
iPhone 5s-using touch id
Using touch id instead of your passcode
You can use Touch ID to unlock your phone without having to enter your passcode every time. There are two ways you can unlock with Touch ID:
- Press the Home button once to wake iPhone 5s and keep your finger lightly on the Home button.
- Press the Sleep/Wake button once to wake iPhone 5s, and then touch your finger lightly on the Home button.
If Touch ID doesn't recognise your finger, you'll be asked to try again. After three attempts, you'll be given the option of entering your passcode.
After two more tries, you'll need to enter your passcode. In addition, you'll need to enter your passcode to unlock your iPhone in these conditions:
- After restarting your iPhone 5s
- When more than 48 hours have elapsed from the last time you unlocked your iPhone 5s
- To enter the Passcode & Fingerprint setting
Using touch id for itunes store, app store, and ibooks store purchases
You can also use Touch ID instead of entering your Apple ID password to purchase content from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store.
- If you haven't already, ensure that iTunes & App Store is enabled in Settings > General > Passcode & Fingerprint > Fingerprints.
- If you can't enable this setting, ensure that your Apple ID is signed in under Settings > iTunes & App Store.
Follow these steps to purchase content with Touch ID:
- Open the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.
- Select an app, song, video, or book to purchase.
- Instead of the Apple ID password prompt, a Touch ID prompt is displayed. Touch your finger lightly on the Home button with a finger you've enrolled. Your content will be purchased.
You'll be asked to scan your fingerprint with each purchase.
If Touch ID doesn't recognise your finger, you'll be asked to try again. After five failed attempts, you'll be given the option of entering your Apple ID password.
In addition, you will be required to enter your Apple ID password after:
- Restarting your iPhone 5s
- Enrolling or deleting fingers
Note: Touch ID cannot be used for purchases if Require Password in Settings > General > Restrictions is set to Immediately.