iPhone 5s - find my iPhone lock
Find my iPhone lock makes Apple devices more secure by preventing unauthorised deletion of data from a lost or stolen device.
All iOS7 devices have this feature either new out of box or when updated with the latest software – it’s activated during the setup process by adding an Apple ID to the device and switching on Find my iPhone.
With Find my iPhone, your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can:
- Turn off Find My iPhone on your device
- Sign out of iCloud on your device
- Erase and reactivate your device
How do I know if Find my iPhone is active on my device?
You can see if activation lock is active either on the device or in GSX;
On device – go to settings > iCloud and scroll to the bottom, here you’ll see the ‘Find my iPhone’ switch either on, or off.
How do I remove find my iPhone lock?
Find my iPhone can be removed on the device or via a PC. The easiest and fastest way is on device;
Go to settings > iCloud and scroll to find my iPhone. Switch off find my iPhone (Apple ID password required)
Via a PC
- Sign in to www.icloud.com/find with their Apple ID
- Select the device that needs to be removed from the account
- If the device is offline, click Remove from Account If the device is online, click Erase. When the erase is complete, click Remove.