Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
iPhone 6s Plus - Back up or sync contacts
Backup or Sync Contacts
Find out how to backup or sync contacts.
Backing up or syncing contacts on the phone can be done two ways. The first, backing up with iTunes, is an easy way to back up contacts, calendar appointments, and even pictures.
The second option is to sync with iCloud. iCloud is a feature on the phone that automatically syncs wirelessly as long as the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi. An iCloud backup will sync everything on the handset including applications.
Backing up contacts with iTunes:
- Open iTunes on the computer.
- Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- On the computer, click the iPhone icon.
Note: If the computer is a Mac, CTRL-Click on the iPhone icon.
- Click Back up.
The contacts have been backed up.
Syncing contacts with iCloud:
- To sync contacts with iCloud, from the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap iCloud.
- Scroll to and ensure that the on/off switch next to Contacts is set to On.
- If prompted, tap Merge.
The contacts have been synced with iCloud.