Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Blackberry bold 9780-set up WiFi
Here's how to set up and connect to a WiFi network on your BlackBerry Bold 9780.
To setup WiFi you need to be in range of the WiFi network you want to connect to. You might also need a password for the network and to have set the network to allow new connections.
- Open the applications tray
- Select the Setup icon
- Select the WiFi icon
- You may be prompted to switch on WiFi, select Turn on WiFi if needed
- The phone will now scan for WiFi networks in range
- Select Next if you have a 'Welcome to WiFi' setup message on screen
- Select the network you wish to join
- Enter the pre-shared key (security key) for the network you are joining, if this is your home WiFi network you need to use the security key for your router.
- For a typical home network this is a 26 digit password made up of numbers and letters
- At the 'Save this WiFi Network as a Profile anyway?' field, ensure Yes is selected
- Click Next
- Click Finish