Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Blackberry 9720 - Set up Bluetooth
It's easy to set up Bluetooth on your BlackBerry 9720, just follow these simple steps.
You must pair your BlackBerry device with a Bluetooth enabled device before you can connect to it. For more information about preparing the Bluetooth enabled device for pairing, see the documentation that came with the Bluetooth enabled device.
- Open the applications tray
- Select on Setup icon
- Select Bluetooth icon
- Make sure Bluetooth is switched on by selecting the drop down menu and selecting on
- Select Add New Device
- Change your device name if needed, select OK
- Select Search, your phone will now look for Bluetooth devices in range.
- Select the Bluetooth enabled device you want to pair.
- If necessary, perform one of the following actions:
- If the Bluetooth enabled device does not have a keyboard (for example, a headset), on your BlackBerry device, type the pairing passkey that is provided in the documentation that came with the Bluetooth enabled device. Note: Sometimes it is not necessary to use the passkey.
- If the Bluetooth enabled device has a keyboard (for example, a laptop), type a pairing passkey of your own choosing on both devices.
Connect to a paired Bluetooth enabled device
To perform this task Bluetooth must be turned on and your BlackBerry device must be paired with the Bluetooth enabled device.
Your BlackBerry device might attempt to connect to the device automatically when Bluetooth technology is turned on and the devices are within range.
Open the applications tray.
- Select on Setup icon.
- Select Bluetooth icon.
Make sure Bluetooth is switched on by selecting the drop down menu and selecting on.
- Select the paired device you wish to connect to.
- Select on Connect from the pop up menu.
To disconnect from a paired Bluetooth enabled device, select on the device in the list. select Disconnect from the pop up menu.