Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Blackberry torch 9800-assemble your phone
When you get your new BlackBerry Torch 9800 out of the box, here's how to put it together and get started.
Remove the back cover
Insert the SIM card
If you have been supplied with a microSIM. You'll need to use the adapter as shown below.
Insert the battery
Replace the back cover
First usexa;First use
When you first switch on your new phone you'll be prompted to set a number of options to configure your BlackBerry.
- Click OK to confirm you're happy with the BlackBerry terms
- You can then watch two videos showing you how to interact with the touchscreen. Once finished you'll then be prompted to select a feature that you'd like to setup or customise
- We recommend that you exit the setup wizard at this point by clicking the red call end key. You can return to the Setup Wizard at anytime by tapping the setup icon
The next step is to switch on the mobile network connection to do this follow the instructions below.
- On the homescreen, tap the time bar
- Tap Mobile Network
- A signal indicator will now appear in the top right hand corner of the screen to show that the mobile connection is now active
- Tap the return arrow key to exit. Within the next hour the phone's time and date will automatically be updated
Navigating around your torch
Opening the application tray
- Tap the Menu key
- Tap open tray
- You can now navigate around the tray using either the keypad or by dragging across the touchscreen
Closing the application tray
- Tap the Menu key
- Tap close tray
You can also open and close the application tray by dragging the bar at the top of the tray on the touchscreen.
Making your first call
Dialling a number
- Press the green call key
- Type the number you want to dial in using either the on screen keypad or the slide out keyboard
- To dial the number press the green call key
- To hang up press the red call key
Dialling a contact
- Open the applications tray
- Tap the Contacts icon
- Scroll to the contact you wish to dial, tap to open the contact
- Press the green call key to dial
- To hang up, press the red call key
See more helpful tips on how to do clever things on your BlackBerry Torch 9800 >