Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Bright Box 2 Wireless Router - update broadband username and password
Internet light flashing amber? Stuck on the NEARLY THERE page? Try updating your broadband username and password to get you back online.
You can do this from a computer connected to your Bright Box 2:
- Go to 192.168.1.1
- The router's login screen will open
- Enter the username and password for the router's admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on the bottom of your router
- Click LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- Select BASIC from the menu
- Check the Broadband type is correct, e.g. Fibre in the example below
- You can use the Migration Wizard in the left menu if it's not correct to change your settings to standard broadband or fibre broadband
- In the Broadband Username field, enter your broadband username – use lower case, and remember to add @fs at the end
- In the Broadband Password field, enter the broadband password - this is case sensitive so Password isn't the same as PaSsWoRd
You'll find more help in our guide broadband username and password.
- Click SAVE SETTINGS
- Your changes will be applied
- You'll be taken back to the BROADBAND SETTINGS page
- Select STATUS from the menu - the Broadband State and Internet State will change to Connected
- Your router is now connected to the internet