This guide will show you how to check if wireless is enabled on your router and how to enable or disable wireless.
Check if wireless is enabled
To check if wireless is enabled look at the wireless light on the front of the router.
If the light is on or flickering, wireless is enabled. If the light is off, wireless is disabled.
Disable (or enable) wireless
You'll need to complete these steps using a wired connection between your computer and Bright Box router.
- Go to 192.168.1.1 (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on the bottom of your router
- Select LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- Select ADVANCED from the menu and click ACCEPT
- Click Wireless Settings from the Broadband Settings menu
- Select the to Enable or Disable Wireless - in the example below we selected to Disable
- Click SAVE SETTINGS
- Your changes will be applied
Disable an individual wireless network name
If you simply want to disable (or enable) an individual wireless network name (or SSID) on your router:
- Select BASIC from the menu
- Select Wireless Settings
- The WIRELESS SETTINGS page will open
- From here you can select to Enable or Disable Wireless for the specific wireless network name
- Select your required option and then click SAVE SETTINGS
- Your settings will be applied
- You'll be taken back to the WIRELESS SETTINGS page.