Bright Box router - update settings to ADSL using the migration wizard
You may need to change or refresh your Bright Box wireless router settings to ADSL (standard broadband) using the migration wizard if:
- you're moving house, and your new line isn't enabled for Fibre Broadband
- you're having connection problems with your Bright Box and want to refresh your broadband settings
The steps below show you how.
Connect your computer to your router
Log in to the Bright Box admin pages
- Go to 192.168.1.1 (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on your router
- Select LOGIN
- Select BASIC
- Select the Migration Wizard from the menu on the left
- Check ADSL is selected and select APPLY
- Select OK on the pop-up to proceed
- The migration countdown will begin and you can close your browser
Your broadband is being set-up
This will take up to five minutes, so relax and let us do the leg work.
After about five minutes, your Bright Box wireless router will connect to the internet. You can check this by going to ee.co.uk.