Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Livebox - connection not working
Having problems viewing web pages? Perhaps you're unable to connect to your Livebox or the @ light is flashing? We'll show you some simple steps that fix most problems.
Check your landline phone is working
Start by checking your phone line is working OK.
- Plug a phone into the same filter as your Bright Box router is connected
- Listen for dial tone (or try to make a call)
- If you're unable to hear dial tone, or can hear a lot of noise on your phone line see our guide Home Phone - fixing faults
Turning it off and back on again
Sounds simple, but turning everything off and back on again really does fix most connection problems.
- Unplug (or switch off) your Livebox at the mains
- Shut down your computer (or device)
Wait a couple of minutes and turn everything back on. After a few minutes, check your connection again.
Press button 1
Try pressing button 1 on the back of your Livebox. You'll need to do this for new wireless connections, however can also fix other wireless problems you might be having.
Change your wireless channel
From time to time, interference from other wireless networks near your home can result in connection problems. Not good. Changing the channel on your Livebox can help fix the problem.
Too many devices connected?
The Livebox is limited to 8 WiFi connections. More devices can cause connection problems.
If you've moved house, check your service is live by logging in to Your Account and open the track your orders option.
If your connection has suddenly stopped working, log in to Your Account and check your bill. An outstanding balance may have stopped your broadband service from working. See paying your broadband bill if you think that has happended.
Is it plugged in and turned on?
From time to time, power switches can turn off, cables can work their way loose, or even find themselves in the wrong sockets.
Check everything is turned on, and connected to the correct socket. If you're unsure, see our set up guide.
Check your @ light
The @ light helps you to understand if your Livebox is connected to the internet. Match your @ light to one of these options:
Solid red light
Great news - your broadband connection is working.
You can check if you've got a working connection by going to the ee.co.uk website.
For help setting up a connection, see one of our guides below:
Flashing quickly red
If you've already checked your broadband service is live, and restarted your router:
- Check cable set up. You'll find more help with this in your set up guide.
- Check filter set up and internal wiring. You'll find more help with this in our filters and extension cable guide
- Turn it off and back on again. If you've not restarted your router yet, turn it off and back on again
- If you've moved house, check your service is live by logging in to Your Account and open the track your orders option
Flashing slowly red slowly red
If you've already checked your broadband service is live, and restarted your router, check your username and password are correct.
Light is off or dim
- Exclamation light flashing. Wait a few more minutes and re-check the @ light.
- Exclamation light off. It looks like there is a problem. Try returning your Livebox to default settings.