Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Livebox - restore factory settings
Resetting your Livebox will clear all your settings and preferences. This includes your broadband username and password and any devices you've allowed to connect by pressing button 1. You might like to print this guide in case you lose your internet connection.
If you're happy to go ahead, here's how to reset your Livebox:
- Unplug the power cable
- Press and hold button 1 - you'll find this on the back of the Livebox
- Reconnect the power cable keeping button 1 pressed
- When the @, arrow, and phone lights come on release button 1
- The WiFi light will flash quickly about 11 times
- The @, arrow, and phone light will remain on
- Wait for the Livebox to restart - you'll know as the exclamation light will stop flashing
Press button 1
Our Liveboxes use something called MAC filtering. This means that each time you want to connect a new device to your Livebox, you'll need to press button 1.
Remember to do this when you re-connect any other computers in your home.
Enter your broadband username and password
- Go to 192.168.1.1
- Wait a few moments for the page to load
- The Livebox Homepage will open
- Click on Access to the configuration pages...
- Enter the Livebox username and password
- This is different to your internet access password
- The username is: admin
- The password is: admin
- The My services page will open
- Click on My services then click on Internet
- In the Internet connection parameters field, enter your broadband username and password
- Click on Validate
- The Configuration successful screen will be displayed
- After about 30 seconds, you'll be taken back to the Internet page - it might help if you click Refresh
- That's it - your Livebox will connect to the internet
- Oh, and did we say. Dont to press button 1 on the back of the Livebox next time you re-connect any computers!