Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Netgear router - set up wireless security
Want to check or change your wireless settings? This guide shows you how.
- From a computer connected to your router, go to 192.168.0.1
- Enter the details below when asked to log in
- User name: admin
- Password: password
- The Netgear's admin pages will open
- If the router starts checking for new firmware, click Cancel
- Select Wireless Settings from the Setup menu
- The Wireless Network field is where you'll find your wireless network name
- Name (SSID): You can change this to something new and personal to you
- Region: select Europe
- Channel: select Auto
- Mode: select Up to 150Mbps
- In the Wireless Access Point field
- Check Enable Wireless Access Point
- Check Allow Broadcast of Name (SSID)
- Don't check Wireless Isolation
- In the Security Options field, select Mixed WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK
- In the Network Key field you'll find your security key or password
- If you'd like, you can enter a new security key for your connection
This should be over eight characters and can be made up of upper and lower case letters from a-z and numbers 0-9.
- Click Apply - any changes you've made will be updated
Now you've done the tricky bit, you can connect your computer and devices to your router. Check out our connect using WiFi guide for more help.