Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Siemens router - set up guide
Need help setting up your Siemens router? This guide shows you how.
- Plug the broadband cable into the DSL socket on the back of the router
The broadband cable is a grey cable with grey plugs.
- Plug the other end of the broadband cable into the broadband filter
- You'll also need to plug each piece of telephone equipment connected to your line into a broadband filter. This includes sockets for:
- TV services e.g. Sky
- Answer phones
- Alarm systems - you might need to talk to an alarm engineer about this
- Plug the broadband filter into your phone socket
- Plug the power cable into the router
- Plug the other end of this cable into a mains socket near the router
- Switch the rouiter on - press the power switch on the back
It'll take a couple of minutes for your router to start up. Just sit back and relax.
Connect computer to the router
Ideally, connect your computer to your router using a wired connection. You can always set up a wireless connection later.
- Plug one end of the network cable into your computer's network socket
- Plug the other end into the yellow socket on your router
Update username and password
- Go to 192.168.1.1
- Enter the password admin and click OK
- The admin pages will load
- Select Internet
- Enter your broadband username – letters should be entered in lower case, and remember to add @fs at the end
- Enter your broadband password – remember password is not the same as Password or PaSsWoRd
- Click OK
- The router will update your settings
- Your router will connect to the internet
Check your connection
Why not check your connection's working by going to the ee.co.uk website?