Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Configure your TG589 router services
Browse to the TG589 router web interface
- Browse to http://192.168.1.1 (this is the default IP address of your TG589 router) on a computer or device that is currently connected to your TG589 router (either wired or wirelessly).
- The TG589 router web interface appears. By default, you are logged in as guest. This means that some items may be hidden. To view all items, select Sign In and enter admin as user name and the ACCESS KEY printed on the product label of your TG589 router as password.
Configure your wireless access point
- Click Wireless. The Wireless page appears. The 2.4 GHz access point is selected in menu on the left.
- Change the following settings under Access Point:
a) In the SSID name box, type the network name that you want to use for this access point (if you do not want to use the default one).
b) In the Security Mode list under Access Point, select the security mode that you want to use for this access point. We recommend to use WPA+WPA2-PSK.
c) In the Wireless Password box, type the wireless key that you want to use for this access point. The key must consist of 8 to 63 alphanumeric characters. For example: MyKey123.
Do not use WEP or None, since they are not secure.
WPS will be disabled if you select WEP.
- Click Save.
- In the menu on the left, click the 5 GHz access point, configure the 5 GHz wireless Access Point settings (as in step 2) and click Save.
- Reconnect your wireless client(s) to the TG589 router using the new wireless settings.