Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
TG589 router - Reset to factory defaults
Resetting your TG589 router
If at some point you can no longer connect to the TG589 router or you want to make a fresh install, it may be useful to perform a reset to factory defaults.
A reset to factory default settings deletes all configuration changes you made. Therefore, after the reset a reconfiguration of your TG589 router will be needed.
You can choose between:
- resetting the TG589 router via the web interface
- resetting the TG589 router via the Reset button
How to reset the TG589 router via the web interface
- Browse to the TG589 router web interface.
- Click Gateway. The Gateway page appears.
- Click Reset.
- The TG589 router restores the factory default configuration and restarts.
How to reset the TG589 router via the Reset button
- Make sure the TG589 router is turned on.
- Push the Reset button for at least 7 seconds and then release it.
The TG589 router restarts.
Your system administrator may have disabled the physical reset button of the TG589 router. In this case, a hardware reset to defaults is not possible.