Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Htc one xl-add an email account
Here's how you can use your HTC One XL's settings to add an email account automatically. There's also a series of simple steps you can follow to add an email account to the phone manually.
Add an email account automatically
1. Start on your homescreen and tap the All applications tab
2. Scroll to and select Mail
3. Choose from list of available providers
4. Enter your Email address in the field, and then the Enter key
5. Enter your email account's password, and then tap Next
Your phone should now detect your email settings. If it does, follow these next steps:
1. Enter a name for your account
2. Enter a name you wish to appear on your outgoing emails
3. Then tap Finish setup
Your email is now set up, and you'll be taken to your inbox.
Add an email account manually
In case your phone can't detect your settings automatically, here's how to set up your email yourself. These are example settings for Hotmail only - server details will be different depending on the type of email account that's being set up.
1. Tap on the Protocol field and select what type of account it is - Hotmail is POP
2. Ensure Email address field is entered correctly
3. Tap the Username field, and enter your email address once more
4. Tap the password field and enter your account password
5. Scroll down and tap the POP server field
6. Enter pop3.live.com, then tap the Security type box
7. From the dropdown box, tap SSL, and scroll down and tap the Server port field
8. Enter 995 and then tap Next
Your HTC One XL will now confirm the settings you have enter are valid and then navigate you to the Outgoing settings
1. Ensure the Login required field is ticked and your Username and Password are both populated correctly
2. Now tap the SMTP server field
3. You should enter smtp.live.com here
4. Scroll down and tap the Security type dropdown menu
5. Tap TLS
6. Tap the Port and enter 587
7. Then, tap Next
Your HTC One XL will now confirm the Outgoing settings you have enter are valid before continuing
1. Now give your account a name (e.g. hotmail.com)
2. Then tap the Your name field
3. Final step. Enter a name of your choice - this will be shown on your outgoing emails
3. Tap Finish setup
Your Hotmail account is now configured. Your phone will take you to your inbox and begin downloading any emails you may have.