Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Htc one xl-setting up a WiFi hotspot
Use your HTC One XL to set up a WiFi hotspot - here's how.
1. Slide open the notifications panel, and then tap Settings
2. Tap More
3. Tap Portable hotspot & tethering
4. Tap Portable WiFi hotspot settings
5. You now have the option to change the Router name (SSID) - this is what you will see when trying to connect from another device. You can also change the type of security and the password. The security is preset to WPA2 PSK but you may need to change if the device you're trying to connect doesn't support this. The password provided is quite long so you may choose to change it to something a little easier to remember
6. Once you've finished making the changes tap the Back key
7. Tap Portable WiFi hotspot to turn on
You can now search for this hotspot using another device - here's how:
1. Select it from the list of available networks and enter the password you created
2. Once connected you'll be able to see the connected users within the Portable WiFi hotspot settings menu