Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Htc one xl-restore factory settings
Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you've downloaded and installed. Make sure you back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Now for the practical bit. Follow these simple steps to reset your HTC One XL in one of two different ways
Resetting using phone menu
1. Slide open the notifications panel, and then tap Settings
2. Tap Storage, then tap Factory data reset
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything
Resetting using hardware button
If you can't turn your HTC One XL on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on the phone.
1. Press and hold the Volume Down button, and then press and hold the Power button
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the Power and Volume Down buttons
3. Press Volume Down to select Factory Reset, and then press the Power button