Follow our step-by-step guides to help you get up and running with EE.
Samsung Galaxy note 3-tethering
Find out how to use your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a mobile hotspot, just follow these simple steps.
- Tap the Menu key and then tap Settings.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap Portable WiFi hotspot to turn on.
- Tap Ok on the data/battery consumption reminder.
- Tap Portable WiFi hotspots (to the left of the On/Off switch), then tap Configure.
- You now have the option to change the Network SSID (this is what you will see when trying to connect from another device), the type of security and the password. The security is preset to WPA2 PSK but you may need to change if the device your trying to connect doesn't support this. The password provided is quite long so you may choose to change it to something a little easier to remember.
- Once you have finished making the changes tap Save.
- You can now search for this hotspot using another device, just select it from the list of available networks and enter the password you created.
- Once connected you will be able to see the connected users within the Portable WiFi hotspots menu.