How we can help you
If you’re visually impaired or your vision isn’t 100%, we’re here to give you all the extra support you may need.
We can help you choose the right phone and plan, and get you set up to make the most of your device.
And once you're an EE customer, we’ll make sure you’re supported with a whole range of services - bills in a choice of formats, free directory enquiries, operator-connected calls, help with your account and tailored customer services - to make life that bit easier.
Choosing the right phone for you
We can make sure the phone you choose has the features that are important to you. Here are some of the helpful phone features you may want to consider when you’re choosing a new phone:
- voice commands – helping you to control your phone by talking to it
- text reader – so you can hear the text on the screen
- 'haptic' feedback – this means that when you press a key, the phone vibrates
- audio feedback – so you can hear instructions
- back-lit keypad – in case the light is poor
- adjustable contrast – to help make text easier to read
- adjustable font size – in case you want larger letters
- large, clear, screen display and voice calling – to cut down on how much you have to read
- audible battery indicator – so you can hear when you’re running low
And you could try GARI - the Global Accessibility Reporting Initiative.
This website has info to help people with a visual impairment which may help you find the best device for your own needs. You can choose to learn about phones, tablets, apps, wearable technology like watches and smart TVs.
You should remember that not all the devices listed on the GARI website are available on EE. Go to the EE Shop for our full current range of devices.
Choosing the right EE plan
Choose from pay monthly, pay as you go and SIM only. We have something to suit everyone. Many of our plans come with unlimited minutes – meaning you’ll always be connected. To get started:
- call 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other phone
- go into one of our stores, or
- check out EE's online shop
Services with EE
Here's how you can make sure you get the most out of EE.
Don't worry if you have difficulty reading your bill – we can provide you with a choice of Braille or large print versions on request. You can also get all of our other EE literature in a choice of the following formats on request:
- large print
- audio tape
- electronic text format – particularly useful if you have sight difficulties and own a computer and 'text to speech' software.
Call customer services on 150 from your EE phone, or 07953 966 250 from any other phone or +447953 966 250 from abroad to request your bill in one of these formats.
Help with your account
Nominate a friend or family member to act as an authorised user to look after your account. All you need to do is set a password, and they'll be able to access your details securely.
Free directory enquiries
A free directory enquiries service (195) is available to customers with visual impairments who find it difficult to use a phone book. It's a very straightforward service: call 195 from your EE phone to register.
If you use our 195 service to get a phone number the operator can also connect any standard call for you for free.
Customer service tailored to your needs
As soon as we know about your visual impairment, we can make sure we tailor our customer service to your needs. Fill out this confidential form and we'll do the rest.
The RNIB has a Beginner's guide to mobiles and smartphones with advice on how to choose the right device for you.