The cost to purchase an EE franchise is dependent on both store size and location. Typically you’ll need circa £150,000-£180,000 total investment which would include the purchase of the store. You’ll need to provide a minimum of £60,000 in liquid capital. The balance can be funded through external sources.
- How much capital do I need to purchase an EE franchise?
- Will there be opportunities to own more than one store?
Yes, we are actively seeking entrepreneurial franchisees who hope to expand their operation to more than one store. We also have the opportunity to open new EE stores in brand new locations where we currently don’t have an EE presence.
- How many franchise stores does EE currently operate in the UK?
EE have been franchising since 2010 and have been growing ever since. We currently have more than 50 stores.
- Where in the UK are your franchise opportunities located?
Our franchise opportunities are located nationwide and we regularly review ideal franchise store locations throughout the UK. We also have the opportunity to open new EE stores in brand new locations where we currently don’t have an EE presence.
- What do we look for in an ideal franchisee?
We look for individuals who:
- are passionate about consistently delivering excellent customer experience
- enjoy working to and achieving demanding goals and targets
- are able to build, coach and inspire an enthusiastic team
- confident in building a strong business and adapting to meet the changes of a dynamic market
- are able to work with a wider team of people to deliver brand orientated goals
- are able to adapt and lead in a fast paced exciting telecommunications market
- Can I collaborate with other individuals as joint franchise owners?
We will consider joint franchisee ownership but each individual will have to complete their own application and be separately approved as a suitable franchisee.
- How long is the term of the franchise agreement?
The franchise agreement term is currently five years.
- Does EE offer any financial assistance to its franchisees?
While we do not offer any direct financial provision, we do help all franchisees to find suitable sources of finance. We also have relationships with all the major banks' franchise specialist divisions.
- Can I set up the franchise in my own property?
We will consider each property on its own merits. However, we would expect the head lease to be in the name of EE.
- Will I be expected to work in the business full-time, or can I allow a manager to run my store?
We will consider this on a case-by-case basis, but we expect all of our franchisees to play an active role in the running of their store(s) on a full-time basis.