HOW TO KEEP YOUR MOBILE NUMBER
Are you moving from another network?
If you’re joining EE from another network, you’ll need to provide the following information if you want to keep your number:
- PAC code – you can get your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) by calling your existing mobile service provider. PAC codes are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Active EE SIM – you’ll need an active EE SIM to allow the transfer to take place.
- Temporary number – you’ll also need the number that was originally assigned to the SIM you were given when you joined EE.
Once you have all this information, you’re ready to transfer your number online.
Are you an existing EE customer?
If you’ve received a replacement SIM – if your old SIM doesn’t fit your new device, for instance – you’ll have to activate your new SIM online if want to keep your old number. A separate question gives instructions on how to activate your SIM and tells you the information you’ll be asked to provide.
How long will it take?
If you submit the form before 17.30 on a working day, your number will be transferred the next working day.
If you submit the form after 17.30 on a working day, or if your request is made on a Saturday, a Sunday or an English bank holiday, your number will be transferred in two working days’ time.
Save your contracts before your transfer day
It’s a good idea to back up your contact before your number is due to be transferred. There are two ways to do this:
- Copy the numbers you want to keep from your SIM to your phone, then after your number transfer copy them back to your new SIM. You’ll find instructions for doing this on a range of popular makes and models in our phones and devices section.
- Smartphone users can backup important information, like contacts, to the cloud. You can then restore this information from the cloud after your number transfer is complete.
The day of your transfer
You may experience interruption to your service on the transfer day and you could be unable to use your old or new SIM for a few hours. Please prepare for this to avoid disruption, and continue to turn your phone on and off throughout the day.
You'll receive two text messages from us:
- To let you know you the transfer has begun
- When it's completed and your number has been transferred
So you won't need to call us.
After the transfer has completed
- If you have insurance, contact your provider to update the number
- Login to your My EE app and update the number
- iPhone only: follow our instructions to update the settings in iMessage to show your new number
- You Fix/Pay as you go only: make sure you register your new number on your Top Up card
- Call 222 from your phone to set up your Voicemail.
4G in more places than any other network
We're making sure that we provide the biggest 4G coverage for you.
Call and text with WiFi
No signal? No problem! With WiFi Calling you can keep talking and texting even if you don’t have mobile signal.
Investing in our network
We're spending £1.5 million a day to keep improving our network's speed, reliability and call quality.
And ready for the future
We're always one step ahead. We were the first to introduce 4G to the UK, double speed 4GEE and now 4G+.