What is Meta Quest?
Meta Quest (formerly Oculus Quest) are virtual reality (VR) headsets developed and manufactured by Meta Platforms. First released on May 21, 2019 the standalone VR headset does not require a PC or smartphone to be used, you play the games directly from the headset itself. It has a high-resolution display, a powerful processor, and sensors that track your head and controller movements.
Meta Quest headsets have a variety of purposes, including gaming, watching movies, immersive, virtual reality experiences, fitness, entertainment and much more. Hundreds of games and apps are available for the Meta Quest, and new ones are being released all the time.
It’s a great option for people who are interested in VR but perhaps don’t have access to a PC powerful enough or don’t want to deal with the upkeep or cost of an additional device. For example with PlayStation VR you need a PS5, but with Meta Quest you’re ready to plug in and play. It's also more budget-friendly and relatively affordable compared to other VR headsets.
Meta Quest pros and cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Meta Quest:
· Standalone VR headset
· High-resolution display with a high refresh rate
· Powerful processor for smooth gameplay
· Over 350 apps, games and experiences
· Affordable, compared to other high-end VR headsets
· Come together, wherever you are with a large and active community
· Like many VR headsets, battery life and comfort can be an issue. Meta Quest accessories, such as the Elite Strap, can help to fix these issues
· Limited tracking range
· Some games and apps can be expensive
Overall, the Meta Quest is a great VR headset for people who are looking for a portable, affordable, and easy-to-use VR experience.
Why would you want to buy a Meta Quest?
There are a range of different reasons to buy a Meta Quest, some of these are:
• Immersive gaming: Meta Quest can give you access to some of the most immersive gaming experiences, a high-resolution display, and powerful processor. Also, fast refresh rates can deliver high quality visuals and smooth gameplay whether you’re playing a shooter or something a little more relaxing
• Virtual reality experiences: The Meta Quest headsets open up the world of virtual reality to more people, which is great for learning or exploring things all from the comfort of your home.
• Entertainment: You can watch movies, listen to music, and browse the web. All in a much more immersive way than a traditional monitor, stereo or TV.
• Fitness: Make your exercise that little bit more existing. There are a number of VR games and apps that can help you work out. These games are often more engaging and fun than a more standard workout.
Overall, the Meta Quest is a versatile device. If you're looking for a way to experience immersive gaming, virtual reality experiences, entertainment, productivity, or fitness, then the Meta Quest is ideal. Additionally the Meta Quest is portable, meaning you can take these experiences with you.
What is Meta Quest?
We stock a host of Meta Quest VR headsets and a range of accessories accompanying the headset in some of the best VR bundles on the market.
Meta Quest products and bundles:
• Meta Quest 2 128GB All-in-One VR Headset
• Meta Quest 2 256GB All-in-One VR Headset
• Meta Quest 2 128GB + Elite Strap
• Meta Quest 2 256GB + Elite Strap
You can browse all our Meta products here.
Meta Quest 2
The Meta Quest 2 is a powerful and versatile VR headset for gaming, watching movies and experiencing any other Virtual Reality experiences you can get your hands on.
With a super-powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 Processor, 6gb of RAM and a 90Hz refresh rate, your gaming experience will be fast, smooth and with a 100-degree field of view, the most immersive gaming experience you’ll ever have.
More interested in watching movies or listening to music with the headset? Then the huge 1832x1920 per eye resolution and the built-in speakers will bring you the crisp visuals and clear audio you need.
Meta Quest Pro
The Meta Quest Pro is the innovation line from Meta and is designed for long-lasting comfort and a reimagined VR Experience. The Meta Quest Pro is designed for professional use, such as in the creative industries, education, and enterprise.
The Meta Quest Pro has a number of features that make it a more powerful and versatile VR headset than the Meta Quest 2. These features include a higher-resolution display, 50% higher resolution than the Meta Quest 2.
A more powerful processor, 12GB of memory, which is double the amount of memory in the Meta Quest 2 and a higher refresh rate.
We don’t currently stock the Meta Quest Pro.
Meta Quest 3
The Meta Quest 3 was teased in market on June 1, 2023, and is expected to be released in late 2023 and is an upgrade on the Meta Quest 2. It features a slimmer and lighter design, a higher-resolution display, even more powerful processor and more memory.
It also brings Haptic feedback, for a even more immersive experience. One huge addition is the support for the mixed reality platform, which allows you to blend virtual elements into the real world!
Meta Quest Games
Meta Quest games are launching all the time but here are some of the most popular games available on the platform:
• Beat Saber: A rhythm game where you slash blocks to the beat of music. Great for a workout or just fun.
• Superhot: A shooter where time moves only when you do. Incredibly addictive but super-fun.
• The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: A survival horror game set in a Zombie-filled, post-apocalyptic world of The Walking Dead. Hunt for supplies, build weapons, and fight and survive against the undead.
• Population: ONE: A battle royale where you fight to be the last one standard after you’re dropped onto an island with other players.
• Resident Evil 4 VR: The classic survival horror game Resident Evil 4 is ported to VR. Experience immersive terror in this faithful recreation of the original game.
• Moss: A puzzle-platformer where you help a lost spirit find its way home, all whilst playing as a mouse! A perfect game for all ages.
• Myst: A VR point-and-click adventure game where you solve puzzles, explore and uncover the mysteries of a strange island.
Generally Meta Quest games prices vary and depend often on the game. Some are free, whilst others can be anything between £5 and £30. There is also Meta Quest+, the VR subscription services where for £7.99 a month you can gain access to a library of Meta Quest games.
Meta Quest Accessories
There are several accessories available for the Meta Quest, including:
• Headstraps: The Elite Strap, the Elite Strap with Battery, and the BoboVR M2 Plus improve the comfort and stability of the headset. Check out the elite straps in the Meta Quest 2 128GB + Elite Strap and Meta Quest 2 256GB + Elite Strap bundles.
• Controllers: There are several different controllers available for the Meta Quest, including the Touch, and Knuckles controllers. These controllers support deeper immersion and make it easier to interact with objects.
• Link Cable: Want to connect your Meta Quest to your PC or Laptop? The Link Cable is a cable that allows to do that. Once you’re connected you’ll be able to play PC VR games on your Meta Quest.
• Carrying Cases: Designed to protect your headset whilst you’re on the move or not using it.
• Lens Guards: Protective guards that keep your VR lenses free from scratches and dirt.