Here you'll find out how to get started with the app - and how to make the most of it.
What content and channels are available?
The BT Sport app features all the content from BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport/ESPN, BT Sport Europe and BT Sport 3. You’ll get access to every live BT Sport match in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League and the Barclays Premier League, The FA Cup, SPFL, Aviva Premiership Rugby, European Rugby Champions Cup, MotoGP, UFC and much, much more.
If you have an iOS or Android device, you’ll also get to use the enhanced video player.
This brings new features to the BT Sport app and online player for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. These features include:
- live streaming of every UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League match
- a timeline for every match, allowing you to rewind and re-watch key moments
- goal alerts so you can keep track of what is happening in other games being played at the same time
- live stats perfectly synchronised with the video. This means that when you rewind the video, the stats update to exactly the same point, allowing you to find out exactly how your favourite player is performing
- for UEFA Champions League only, the opportunity to watch clips of goals and other key moments from alternative camera angles that may not have been shown in the main TV broadcast. This allows you to become your own match director and to re-watch incidents from any angle that you want.
Location services must be switched on to view video
To view video content on the BT Sport app, the location services feature needs to be switched on or enabled - even if you're in the UK. Many people switch this feature off to save their battery life so it's important to switch it back on if you want to use the BT Sport app.
On iOS devices, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
Location services for Android and Windows devices are usually found in Settings.
Updating the app
To make the most of all the great new features in the BT Sport app, it’s important to keep it up to date. You can do this by visiting your app store and selecting update. It’s best to do this when you’re connected to WiFi to save your data allowance.
Viewing content on the BT Sport website
You can login to the BT Sport website using your BT ID and password, but you won’t be able to view premium video content. This is because your subscription is for the BT Sport app only.
BT Sport HD
It won’t be possible to watch BT Sport HD.
Viewing on a WiFi only device
The BT Sport app is only available to watch on smartphones and tablets that contain an EE SIM using the latest iOS, Android and Windows operating systems.
Viewing on a TV screen
The BT Sport app cannot be viewed on any digital media players. Mirroring using services such as Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick on televisions, computers or any other portable equipment capable of receiving or transmitting television broadcasts isn’t possible. So you can't sling, fling or cast content from the app on your phone or connected tablet to other digital media players.
Using the BT Sport app abroad
You can access the app from overseas to browse the homepage and read articles, but due to licensing restrictions, you won’t be able to watch any video content. It’s best to only use the BT Sport app abroad if you’re connected to WiFi.