Where to find BT Openzone Wi-fi hotspots
If you want to find a Wi-fi hotspot, look out for the BT Openzone logo below. You’ll find them in lots of public places.
If you've previously downloaded the Wi-fi app use the ‘hotspot finder' to locate public WiFi hotspots near you and see them on a map.
Please note: The EE, Orange and T-Mobile WiFi app is no longer available to download.
How to connect to BT Openzone hotspots
- To get your username and password details to use on your device, text the word Open to 9526 and you'll receive a text with your unique log in details. If you're a corporate customer please call EE Business Customer Services by dialling 158 from your EE phone.
- If you're in range of a BT Openzone hotspot, connect to the hotspot using your device’s WiFi connection and enter these details manually into btwifi.co.uk to log on.
- The page will have a drop down menu where you can choose your service provider. Select EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK and you'll be taken to the log in pages.
- Enter the WiFi username and password sent to you by text message when you joined. You’re ready to go.
- Customers who have previously downloaded the EE WiFi app can continue using it to connect to the hotspots. The EE WiFi app is no longer available to download and use.
Problems connecting to hotspots
BT FON hotspots can appear as BT Openzone hotspots in your list of WiFi networks. These are not included within EE WiFi plans at the moment so you may occasionally see a message saying that EE WiFi is unable to authenticate with a BT Openzone hotspot.