How have you calculated the increases on my plans?
The increase you see to your plans will depend on the terms which applied when you joined EE or last upgraded. Plans taken out before 1 September 2020 will receive an increase in line with RPI. Those taken out after 1 September 2020 will receive an increase in line with CPI, plus an additional 3.9%. We add these percentages on top of what you previously paid.
The change to the price you pay for your plans will take into account any discounts you get. A higher price increase may be incurred if your discounts expire and your monthly price plan goes up before 31 March 2021. You can log into MyEE to see more information on your price plan.
Some add-ons and out-of-bundle charges will also be increasing in line with the CPI+3.9% rate. All add-ons and out-of-bundle charges can be found here.
Why are you increasing my prices?
RPI and CPI rates help us keep your price plans in line with inflation.*
The CPI+3.9% rate has been introduced to allow us to continue to invest in and improve connectivity and customer services.
*We are moving away from RPI as CPI is considered a more reliable rate of inflation. We introduced it in our terms and conditions from 1 September 2020.
What happens when I upgrade?
When you upgrade, you'll move over to our new terms and conditions. This means each year we will increase your price plan, some out-of-bundle charges and add-ons by the CPI+3.9% rate.
Details of how you will be impacted by the price plan change will be clear throughout the order journey when upgrading (online or over the phone).
What is the difference between RPI and CPI?
Both RPI and CPI are measures of inflation. Each has a different value as they are calculated using different tools and measure different things. For example, RPI considers the cost of housing through measures like council tax and mortgage interest payments, whereas CPI does not. CPI weightings are based on household spending in the National Accounts while RPI weightings are based on Food Survey and Office of National Statistics expenditure.
We are moving away from using RPI to calculate our price increases as CPI is now more commonly used as a measure of inflation in the UK. On 1 September 2020, we introduced new terms and conditions across the BT group (which EE is part of). This means that customers who join or upgrade from this date will receive an annual price increase in line with CPI (0.6%) plus an additional 3.9% added by us (totalling 4.5%).
What is an add-on?
An add-on is a package of minutes, messages, data or services you can buy. Some of our mobile add-ons will be increasing in line with CPI+3.9%.
You can find details of any active add-ons on your latest EE bill or on MyEE.
What is an out-of-bundle charge?
As part of your price plan, you'll get a call, text and data allowance. There are restrictions on where and how you use these.
When you go over these limits, you'll be charged according to our standard rates. These are out-of-bundle charges and some of them will be increasing in line with CPI+3.9%.