If you're switching from a wireless connection to powerline adaptors, you'll need to change your EE TV internet settings to wired.
Set up powerline adaptors
Start by checking you've set up your powerline adaptors correctly.
- connect one end of the Ethernet cable that came with your powerline adaptors into a yellow socket on your EE router
- connect the other end into one of your powerline adaptors
- plug the powerline adaptor into a mains socket and switch the socket on
- attach the other Ethernet cable to your EE TV and the second powerline adaptor
- plug the powerline adaptor into another mains socket and switch the socket on
- after a few seconds, the Power (PWR) light will stop flashing and show as a continuous light
- press and hold the Pair button on one of the adaptors for more than one second and less than four seconds
- repeat the process with the second adaptor within two minutes. The PLC indicators will blink first, then the lights will turn off and show as a continuous light
If the data light is off, check:
- you've plugged both powerline adaptors directly into a mains socket. It’s best to avoid power surge protectors and extension sockets
- you're not using other powerline adaptors in your house, working to a different standard. Our adaptors work to the HomePlug AV standard
- you've updated EE TV settings to connect via Ethernet
Pair your adaptors
You’ll need to pair your powerline adaptors:
- press and hold the Pair button on your powerline adaptor (no more than four seconds) and repeat the operation on the other within two minutes
- the two adaptors are then connected and a LAN is set up
- after pairing successfully, you can plug the two adaptors in or out at any time and you don’t need to pair them again
Can I connect additional adaptors?
If you want to connect more powerline adaptors (ideally of the same make and model):
- check you have two working adaptors
- take the third adaptor, connect into a mains socket and switch the socket on
- press and hold the Pair button on an adaptor not connected to the LAN for four seconds and then release it
- within two minutes, press and hold the Pair button on any adaptor already connected to the LAN and then release it
- the indicators on the newly connected adaptor should turn off and then remain on
- the adaptor automatically restarts and is connected to the network
Your home network supports a maximum of eight adaptors in total. We recommend they’re all the same make and model. They'll also need to be HomePlug AV compatible. If you have problems with older adaptors, speak with their support team for more help.
Reset your adaptors
If you continue to have problems, you can try to reset your adaptors. To do this:
- check your adaptor is plugged in and switched on
- press and hold the Pair button for six seconds
What can I do if the PWR indicator is off?
- check that your powerline adaptor is connected to the power socket
- check whether the power socket is faulty. If it is, use another one
- if the PWR indicator is still off but other indicators are normal, get in touch
What can I do if the LAN indicator is off?
- check your powerline adaptor is connected to your EE router
- check the EE TV box can access the internet after you connect it to the LAN port of the router
- connect your powerline adaptor to another LAN port on your EE router
- if the LAN indicator is still off, get in touch
What can I do if the PLC indicator is off?
If the PLC indicator doesn't blink after you press the Pair button, the device may be running in energy saving mode. Plug your powerline adaptor into the socket again and repeat until the indicator blinks.
What can I do if my powerline adaptor fails to connect to the network?
- plug your powerline adaptor into the socket again
- press and hold the PAIR button more than eight seconds until the PWR indicator turns off and then release it
- when the PWR indicator lights up again, repeat the pairing process
- press and hold the Pair button on your powerline adaptor for more than one second and less than four seconds
- repeat on your other powerline adaptor within two minutes
- if the PLC indicators are still off, get in touch