As you have an older 3G plan, from January 2023 you’ll lose access to mobile data. This means you’ll still be able to make and receive phone calls and texts, but you won’t be able to access the internet unless you use WiFi.
We're changing some of our plans
In this article
From January 2023, our older 3G plans will lose access to mobile data. This is because we’re going to be making some essential changes to our plans. 3G technology is old and increasingly unreliable, and we recognise that technologies like 4G and 5G deliver a far better experience.
- What do these changes mean for me?
- What do I need to do?
- What will happen if I don't do anything?
- Will I be contacted if I'm affected?
- What if I need more help to understand or I can't log in to My EE?
- What is 3G and what are the benefits of 4G and 5G?
- Do I have 4G or 5G coverage in my area?
- Can I keep my phone number?
- I'm a vulnerable customer, is there any extra support for me?