Find out how to restore the device using recovery mode.
- With the device power off, press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home key, connect the USB cable to the device. Wait until the Apple logo appears and keep holding the Home button for few more seconds.
- Continue holding the Home button until the iTunes logo appears.
- If prompted with "The software on "Ipad" needs to be restored to factory settings or updated", click Restore.
- In iTunes, click Restore and Update, then follow the steps on screen.
Note: If a red, partially full battery appears, charge the device for at least ten minutes before attempting to restore.
The device has been restored using recovery mode.