Here's how to download an app using an iPad with Retina display:
- From the Home screen, tap App Store.
- Browse the Features, Charts or Search for an app.
- Once you have decided what you want to download, tap the app.
- If the app is chargeable, you will see the price in a box.
- Tap the price box and then, by tapping Install App, a prompt will appear asking you for your password. If the app is free, the word Free will show inside the box instead.
- The app will begin to download. You can see the progress by looking at the progress bar below the app icon.