Follow these simple steps to add an email account on your Apple iPhone 5.
First things first, you'll need your POP password, but don't worry if you don't have it handy. It's very easy to retrive, just follow these simple steps.
- Log in to email account.
- Click on My Settings.
- Click on Receive my POP password by SMS.
- Click Send.
- The customer can now continue to set-up their email on their iPhone.
Before you begin, make sure WiFi is switched off for the account to verify.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap on Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your account information and then tap Save.
- Please note that orange.net email uses a pop password which is separate from the main password for the account.
- On the next page you must type in the settings as shown for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. Ensure the Outgoing details also show the username and password. make sure that at the top of the page POP is highlighted in Blue. Then tap save. Please note, if the username doesn't work, use your mobile number. For example - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When the iPhone attempts to set up an email address, it will automatically try and use SSL security, orange.net doesn't use this so, when it asks "Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL", tap "Yes". To get to this step may take a while. Please be patient. Even if this fails it will eventually give you an error. As the iPhone checks the Incoming and Outgoing mail server details, it may ask you if you want to try setting up the account without SSL twice. This is normal. Do not be concerned. Once the iPhone has verified the POP settings, it will briefly tick all the information fields. The account should now be ready to use for incoming and outgoing mail. The iPhone should automatically set the server port to 587. To check this, go into the email settings and scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server and tap on smtp.orange.net.
- Tap on the box under the Primary Server.
- If the port is shown as 587, press the home button to return to the front screen. Email should now be set up and working successfully for both incoming and outgoing services.
That's it you're all ready to rumble.