Though the 8MP main camera in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus does not offer a higher number of megapixels than the camera built into the iPhone 5s, the iPhone 6 series camera does have the following improvements:
- Autofocus with focus pixels - Speeds up autofocus and provides a sharper image.
- Exposure control - Sliding up or down in the Camera app preview window adjusts the exposure (brightness).
- Higher resolution panorama images
- 60 fps video recording @ 1080p - Double the normal framerate.
- 240 fps slow motion video - Double the normal slow motion framerate.
- Continuous autofocus while recording video
- Cinematic video stabilisation