If you regularly set up new connections on your wireless router, it can help to enable WiFi Protected Setup (WPS). This allows compatible wireless software to connect to your router by pushing the WPS button, instead of having to type the security code.
WPS settings are disabled by default, however they can be enabled from the router's admin pages.
If it’s difficult to enter a wifi password into your device (printers for eg), it might need WPS
Log in to your Bright Box router's admin pages from your computer by following the steps below:
- Go to http://192.168.1.1/ (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on the bottom of your router
- Select LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- Select ADVANCED from the menu and click ACCEPT
- Open WIRELESS SETTINGS and select WIFI PROTECTED SETUP
- Select the ENABLE option and click on SAVE SETTINGS
- Your settings will be applied
- You can now connect to your Bright Box using a compatible WPS device.
If you're unable to open your router's admin pages, try using the reset button found on the back of the router.
- Check your router is plugged in and turned on
- Turn your router around so that you can see the sockets on the back
- Look for a hole marked Reset
It will take about five minutes for the router to restart and connect with your broadband username and password. If it doesn't work, try changing your broadband password.