Disconnecting your old equipment
If you've already got a broadband modem or router connected to your line, unplug the power supply and all other cables and put them to one side for now. It's best to use the broadband filter provided in the box, especially to connect your new router. You can leave existing filters connected to other telephone sockets.
What socket do you currently have?
Follow the instructions for the type of socket you've got:
- Single socket with plug in broadband filter
- Dual socket with inbuilt broadband filter
Single socket with plug in broadband filter
- Connect the broadband filter to the telephone socket
- Connect the grey broadband cable to the broadband filter
- Connect a telephone cable to the other available socket
- Connect filters to all other telephone sockets in use
If you don't have enough filters for all the devices connected to your phone line in your home, leave them unplugged for now. You can buy more broadband filters at EE Home Broadband and TV accessories - select VDSL filter.
Top tip: if you can, connect your router to the main phone socket for better broadband speeds.
Dual socket with inbuilt broadband filter
Connect the grey broadband cable to the top socket.
Connect the grey broadband cable to the left hand socket.
Using a data extension kit?
If you are using a data extension kit connect the grey broadband cable to the socket.