There's usually no need to enter your broadband username and password as these are already set up. Similarly, 'diving into' your router won't fix or improve your speed or internet connection - unless you're advised otherwise.
Please note: your Bright Box router username and password are different from your WiFi details. You can find your router details on the back of your 'Keep Me' card and on the back of your router.
To change your Bright Box router's password (used to log in to the router's admin pages):
- From a computer connected to your Bright Box, go to 192.168.1.1 (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on your router
- Select LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- Select ADVANCED
- You'll be prompted to proceed with caution - select ACCEPT
- Select System and then Password Settings in the menu on the left
- Enter the existing password for your router - you'll find this printed on a sticker on the bottom of your router
- Enter your new password, and then re-enter the password
- Select SAVE SETTINGS
- Your new settings will be applied
- You can now login to your router's admin pages using your new password
If you forget your new password, return your router to factory default settings.