If you regularly set up new connections on your wireless router, it can help to enable WiFi Protected Setup (WPS). This allows compatible wireless software to connect to your router by pushing the WPS button, instead of having to type the security code.
WPS settings are disabled by default, however they can be enabled from the router's admin pages.
How to enable WPS
To enable WiFi protected setup, follow the steps below from a computer connected to your Bright Box 2:
- Go to 192.168.1.1 (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on the bottom of your router
- Select LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- Select ADVANCED from the menu and click ACCEPT
- Open Wireless Settings and select WiFi Protected Setup
- Select the Enable option and click on SAVE SETTINGS
- Your settings will be applied
- You can now connect to your Bright Box 2 using a compatible WPS device - You'll find some examples below