- Plug the other end of the grey broadband cable into the DSL/fibre port on your router
- Connect the two parts of the power supply together
- Plug the power cable into the router
- Connect the power supply into a plug socket and turn it on
- You can now switch on your router
Check it over
Everything should now look like this - the Power light will go green and the Internet light will go green shortly afterwards:
Or, if you have a dual socket, it should look like this:
Internet light off or red?
If the Internet light doesn't go green, check:
- Broadband is live - If you're new to EE broadband, or you've moved house check your service is active by logging in to Your Account. Open the Track your orders option.
- Your phone line is working OK - try plugging a phone into the same filter as broadband and listening for dial-tone - if not, see our guide to fixing Home Phone faults
- Check your cables are connected correctly
- Your Bright Box 2 is set up for Fibre Broadband. If you're on our standard broadband service, try switching settings to ADSL