View firewall settings
The Bright Box router's firewall is enabled to help protect your computer and devices. It does allow all outgoing traffic from devices connected to your router.
To view firewall settings from a computer connected to your Bright Box 2:
- Go to 192.168.1.1 (opens in a new tab or window)
- The router's LOGIN SCREEN will open
- Enter the username and password for the admin pages
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- The password can be found on a sticker on the bottom of your router
- Select LOGIN
- The STATUS page will open
- Select ADVANCED from the menu and click ACCEPT
- Select Firewall in the left hand menu
From here, you can check and change the settings for your firewall.
Disable/enable the firewall
By default, the firewall on the router is enabled. If you want to disable the firewall as a test (for example to see if the problem with an internet application is caused by the router's firewall) follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Bright Box 2 admin pages and navigate to the Firewall menu in ADVANCED
- Select Disable in Firewall features
- Click SAVE SETTINGS
- Settings will be applied
To enable the firewall at the end of your test, simply reverse the instructions, selecting the Enable option.