As an added security feature, you can enable the MAC filter on your Bright Box router. This means that only computers or devices with a MAC address that you approve can use your internet connection.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Bright Box 2 admin pages and navigate to the Firewall menu in ADVANCED
- Select MAC Filter
- Next to MAC Address Control select Enable
- Enter the MAC address(s) of the computer(s) or device(s) you wish to allow access to
- The easiest way to do this is to scroll to the bottom of the MAC filter page, locate your device in the DHCP client list, and select Copy To - this will automatically insert your MAC address into the chosen field
- Alternatively, you can type the MAC address of the computer or device that you wish to allow access into the MAC address field
- Once you've entered all the required MAC addresses click SAVE SETTINGS
- The changes you've made will be saved
Note: If you experience problems connecting to your router after changing settings, you may need to reset your router to factory default settings.